Monday, March 28, 2016

IF YOU ARE OVER-THINKER...GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK


Are you one of the persons who always overthink everything, even small things? Are you anxious about future, or do you worry that your plans won't turn up the way you wanted? And even when things are going good, you are still waiting for something that will throw you out of balance?
If your are, don't worry. You are not the only one. Am like that too. And thousand other people are dealing with it as well. I always worry about things that I shouldn't and about things that I should. Big or small, if it concerns me, I will be worry. But, there is a bright side to all of this. I found a way to coup with it, and so can you.
So here are some techniques that helped me, so maybe they can help you guys too. If not, just find something else that can work on you. To help you deal with your overthinking mind.

1. BREATH
Simple as that. We live very fast that we sometimes forget how to breath normal. I had that problem too. So step by step during the day, when I would feel that am breathing fast or that am tense, I would focus my attention to my breathing. No matter where I was, I would found some corner where I could just stop for a second, shut my eyes and I would inhale trough my nose deeply and then exhale trough my mouth. I would repeat that for three times and I would already feel tension leaving my body and my mind clearing a bit. When you do that more often during days, your body and mind starts to do that automatically. So it helps in a long way.

2. TECHNIQUE 4-7-8
Few mounts ago I found out about this technique of breathing that helps calm and clear your mind. So it is perfect for overthinking people and it helps even if you have problem sleeping, then you just do it in a bed, when you're snuggled in nicely and when you close your eyes. So technique 4-7-8 is working like this. You are inhaling trough your nose and in your mind you are counting to 4. Then you hold your breath while you are counting from the beginning again but this time to 7. Then you exhale trough your mouth again counting from the beginning to 8. You repeat this 3-4 times and you will notice that your mind is getting more calmer each time you do that technique.
3. SIX MOUNTS FROM NOW
When am feeling nervous because of something or when am overthinking some problem that I have at this moment, I just ask my self a question: Will this matter to me in 6 mounts?
Believe it or not, my answer in most if not in every case is NO! We sometimes have a habit of making problems where there aren't any. Me for example, am very good at that. So if your answer to 6 month question is NO, then just let it go. Replace that thought with new one, with positive one and hang on.

4. BE ACTIVE
I don't know for you guys, but am not much of a fitness girl and am not into all day exercising in a gym. But in those times when your mind is going to explode from overthinking, staying active and on the move really helps. So what I do is put on my sneakers and I walk for a long time. I don't know why, but there is something motivating and calming at the same time in putting my leg in front of the other. You can go running or what ever is good for you. Just keep moving.

5. YOU CAN'T CONTROL EVERYTHING
It's good to remind yourself that from time to time. Not everything is in our control and sometimes all that we can do is just relax and see what will happen. Basically, there is a rule that goes like this: If you can fix it, then why worry? And if you can't fix it, then why worry in that case too?
And it makes sense doesn't it? If you can fix it you will, and there is no problem. And if you can't, it is not up to you then and in that case you being worried won't help you. Being worry about future will ruin your present.
6. DO SOMETHING FUN
Go out with friend, or spend time with family. Go have some sex for God sake, or just read a book or watch some movie. Do something that will take your mind of every day problems and don't forget to take day by day, step by step and you will be fine.
I read the other day that intelligent people often overthink things, so if nothing else, find comfort in that and good luck to you all. And don't forget to breath. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment