Wednesday, March 30, 2016

CHEERS-TO NEW BEGINNINGS

So it past a year since my best friend Edy moved out from Mostar to live in Italy with her boyfriend. And lot of things have changed in that year. Except one thing. I miss her every day, and that will never change. We've been together trough it all. Ups and downs, holding each other's hands and not letting either of us fall down.
And now, all we can actually do is thank God on technology we have so we are able to stay in touch. So at first, she was happy, she and her boyfriend were working out and I was so happy for her. She manage to found some job, but she changed them a lot.
On the other side, I didn't have any relationship, I was working some job I wasn't happy with and just hanging out with friends and family, and I was feeling little bit down. I mean, I was doing ok, but something was missing in my life.
Just one year latter, everything changed. They broke up, she moved out, found some place in Milan and she is staying there with roommates. She is dealing with break up, with emotions and she is in a freaking emotional rollercoaster and all I can do is just give her words of encouragement, when all that I want is to deal with it like we always did when one of us had breakup. Go out and get drunk.

On the other side of the world, my situation has changed for better in a year. I meet some new interesting people, am happy with my job and my life is going on a good path. That void I felt year ago is gone now.
Funny how this life works out. In just one year, your whole life can change, and all you can really do is cross your fingers and hope for the best.
All that made me think about beginnings. How many times we build something, we invest everything in it, our hope, dreams, emotions, time and effort and how many times we all have to stay and watch it all crashing down in ashes? And in all that heartbreaking, pain and emotional break down, we still need to find strength to start over. From scratch. And how many times we all felt tired from beginnings? Because after awhile, you really can't see the point. But still, we get up and try. We have friends and family that push us even when we can't do it by ourselves. And day by day, you even don't notice that you're moving forward, you're building your life again from ground zero and once again, you hope that this time it will work out for the best. That this was the last crash and last beginning.
We all know that life doesn't work out always like we wanted it to work. We all have our ups and downs and I think that while we are alive, we will always have new beginnings. We will always have to learn how to do something new. One day you will get married and that is a new beginning, you will become parent, and that is one new beginning too. You will quit your job or get fired and you'll find another job, and in it you will meet other people and that is a new start too.
You see, life is full of new beginnings and even though it is rough sometimes, we don't have to be afraid of them because if in those moments we are not alone, if we have someone who is always there for us, we can found ourselves very lucky.
I guess what am trying to say to my friend and to all of you out there, just hang on. Things can change for the better in just one day, Just hang on tight and you will be fine.

P.S. My lovely friend Edy, I love you very much. I believe in you, and am always here for you. What ever you are feeling now, just know that you are strong and he is the one losing the best damn thing that ever happen to him <3

No comments:

Post a Comment